Saturday, August 26, 2006

First fixie I've sighted in McMinnville

Young fella named Alex had a rebuilt Raleigh fixie in front of Tommy's Bikes! The only other fixed gear bike I've seen in Yamhill County was on top of a car at the skatepark in Newberg, and the owner had come down from Portland.

Alex's fixie was a nice medium dusty blue in the neo-classic style. Flipped and clipped homebrew bullhorns, a single interruptor brake, and a 42x16 gear. He says it's light enough to keep up with cars on Evans Street. I believe him, but this is semi-rural Oregon. Max can keep up with cars on Evans.

He's from here, but he might be moving to Portland soon. They've got tons of fixies. We need you here, dude!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I just saw the same guy in front of Cornerstone. It was a blue fixie. It's a little weird that I stumbled on your post later this same day. I was googling Red Fox Bakery.