Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Robin Williams in McMinnville!

The buzz on the street on Saturday was "Hey, did you see Robin Williams?!" Apparently (everyone seemed to know this), he was in rehab in Newberg.

Angelina's mom saw him twice. Once on the street, and then when he went into Tommy's Bikes.
Nancy at Found Objects said Linda's daughter ran after him and said "you've got to come into my mom's shop!" He walked the two blocks back to Hopscotch with her, and bought some toys.
That just makes me happy; what a guy!

He used to come into the Coffee Roastery where Angelina worked, and he was always charming and down-to-earth. "Regular", even. Once he entertained some friends of mine for about half an hour with an impromptu routine on the bench in front of the Book Depot.

I wish I'd seen him. I wanted to say "Hey... don't I know you from Mill Valley?"

No comments: