Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting to PDX from McMinnville

Two rules:
1. Never let your guest arrive at 5:20. That's peak commute traffic and just sucks.
2. Do not take 205 to the airport if they do. Just go 82nd Avenue like a real person.
3. Arrivals at 2:30 on a Friday afternoon can suck, too. Getting to the airport takes an hour and ten minutes, but getting home takes an hour and forty. Three hour round trip.

Another Rule:
4. Allot an hour and a half to get to the airport, so you're only 20 minutes late...

I just took two hours to get to the airport, so I got there about an hour late. Coming home only took an hour, though, since traffic had cleared.

I'm going to do some experimenting with getting off 84 at the Hollywood District and taking NE Sandy...
Bringing my dad home from the airport Friday, I decided to try the Sherwood-Tualatin Road to get to 99W, but as soon as we passed the regular Tigard exit traffic on the freeway was backed up dead. I took the next exit and followed my nose back to 99W.

No comments: